Rehearsal Plan, Thu. April 12
6:00 Bohemian Red VLQ, County Corridor, Profound Sound – practice transformations and songs
7:00 Chorus Rehearsal
- Love Letters
- Daddy Sang Bass
- Isn’t She Lovely
- Things Are Looking Up
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing
- Want to Hold Your Hand
- I Wish You Love
- With a Little Help
- Armed Forces Medley
- Patriotic Medley
- America the Beautiful
Ad deadline past, donations still welcome
CSD Conference call notes
I missed the call, but here’s what was discussed:
- Iowa Senior Chorus idea seems to be dead for the year, but is a concept that John Marshall would like to see continue.
- Old Capitol Chorus will again host the Cookie Festival, May 3, 7-9 p.m. at the Robert A. Lee Rec. Center.
- the Iowa Choral Directors Association will convene on Des Moines July 23-24. Ed Bittle will contact each chorus about funding an ad in the program. They are looking for photos to be part of that ad.
- Fall Festival: Iowa presidents still looking for us to host. Our board has approved an exploratory committee to look into a venue and possible costs. Wendell, Tom Read and Gary Lindsay are on the committee. We welcome any others who’d like to join us.
- Iowa City and Des Moines are searching for directors.
- State Fair Barbershop Day — Apparently, no one at the Fair Board picks up the phone.
- Next call: May 13, 3 p.m.
Schedule for show day, April 28
- 8:30a Stage setup
- 10:00 Tech rehearsal
- 11:00 Run through *Full chorus and chorus quartets/VLQ
- 12:30p Lunch (on your own)
- 2:00 Warmups *Full chorus and chorus quartets/VLQ
- 2:30 House opens
- 3:00 Show
- 5:00 Show over, strike- Disassemble stage & risers
- 6:00 Out of the Concert Hall- To VFW for afterglow
Renewals last week
We recognized two members for their renewals last week. Bob Kerdus has been a Harmony Hawks for 20 years, and a reliable tenor, singing in numerous quartets, both organized and ad hoc. He has also served as Chapter President, VP for Marketing & PR, VP Music & Performance, and VP Chapter Development/ Membership, and District Marketing VP. Bob has 12 Man of Note Awards. Gary Lindsay, has 21 years of membership and five Man of Note Awards, including (proudly) Bob.