6:30 Aged2Perfection: Preparation for paid gig December 6: (A2P and anyone else who can make it.)
- Thurs., Dec. 6
- Long Branch Supper Club, Wagon Wheel Room
- Arrive: 11:30
- Clothing to be determined
- Approx. 1/2 an hour of Christmas songs
7:00 Chorus Rehearsal
Songs for the night: (These are in your Christmas Song Book and learning tracks are on HarmonyHawks.org.)
- Christmas Sing Out Preparation
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- God Rest Ye Merry
- Hark, the Herald Angels
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Holy Night
- Silent Night
- Winter Wonderland
- This Is My Country
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Thanks to those who completed Larry Hlavacek’s survey about several items. We will continue to ask for feedback in various ways to help our chorus leadership be responsive to your wishes and needs. The survey results are available here: Survey_2018_09
Plans underway for annual semi-formal recognition dinner
Bill Moss and Gary Lindsay are making arrangements for our annual recognition dinner. This annual event recognizes the chorus accomplishments of 2018, introduced the new leadership for 2018, and recognizes the outstanding contributions of members of our chorus. Stay tuned for announcements of more details.
New Citizens Ceremony Schedule for 2019
The Aged2Perfection and MetroMix Extension Chords will again supply musical entertainment and inspiration for the Naturalization Ceremonies for the Federal District Court next year. All will start at 1:30 p.m. The February ceremony will return to the National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library Feb. 22 with Aged2Perfection providing the music. MetroMix’s Extension Chords will sing at the Sept. 20 ceremony at The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library. The April 17 ceremony will be at UNI’s Mauker Union, but without music. The full schedule follows.
- Fri., Jan. 11 Harmony Hawks
- Fri., Feb. 22 @ the National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library Harmony Hawks
- Fri., March. 15 Harmony Hawks
- Wed., April 17 @ UNI (Mauker Union Ballroom)
- Fri., May 24 Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., June 21 Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., July 19 Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., Aug. 16 Harmony Hawks
- Fri., Sept. 20 @ Herbert Hoover Library – Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., Oct. 25 Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., Nov. 15 Metro Mix Extension Chords
- Fri., Dec. 20 Harmony Hawks
BHS Announces help for quartets
BHS has recently announced a new resource for quartets to accompany the Guidebook for Performing Quartets, a sort-able Subject Matter Expert (SME) database.
Members can access this by logging into the Doc Center. This evolving database provides a comprehensive directory for quartets (or choruses) to locate marketing and technology resources, as well as contacts for additional coaching opportunities.
Plans are already in the works for 2019, which will include adding to and polishing this Subject Matter Expert database so that it will continue to be a relevant and useful tool for our registered quartets. In addition, we will be introducing new exclusive benefits that will help us enhance the value of being in a registered quartet outside of contest. We’ll keep you updated on the plans as they develop.
This project was developed by Caki Gray, Director of Membership, Danny Becker, Quartet Success Manager, and Volunteer Project Coordinator Walt Lammert. If you have any questions about this project, contact them at email@example.com.